Any information provided by you to Barbara Lewis / Balanced Life Therapies is treated in the strictest confidence.
We may occasionally contact you by post , text or email to inform you of new products, new therapies, events and changes to charges.
We will also telephone, text or email reminders of appointments or changes to appointments from time to time.
Under no circumstances do we forward any contact information to third parties without your prior consent.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION –
This notice reflects my understanding of GDPR at May 2018 conditions
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I collect and why and what your rights are:
I do not collect and personal data via my website
My contact details are as follows
Barbara Lewis Tel @ 01596516955 Mob 07748591065
Email : email@example.com
102 St Peters Ave Kettering Northants NN160HD
As a sole trader no other person is involved in processing any data obtained.
The Purpose of processing Client Data
In order to give professional Therapy treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for informing
Safe and effective therapy treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you.
I cannot take any contact details or information via my website.
You must contact me as above
If you do so I assume you have agreed to the terms and conditions set out below .
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists, I abide by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
(I am also a member of The Federation of Holistic therapies and Complementary Therapy Association and the basis of my Data protection policy is applicable to these professional organisations .)
The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests : a. Requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
b. legal requirement to hold your information regarding children’s records
c. CNHC requirements to retain information
d . Legal requirement to hold information pertaining to my tax records
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing r treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (which I will take after each consultation)
I will NOT share your information with anyone unless required for legal process without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit else consent.
How Long I Retain Your Information for
- I will keep your information for the following periods 7 years from date of last treatment to comply with tax rules
- children’s records kept until the child is 25 ( or if 17 when treated, then 26)
- CNHC requirements to retain information for 8 years from last treatment
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
Treatment information or information related to your health
Special offers and promotions
Information about therapy events , Kettering complementary therapy talks , open days , to which you are invited - you may unsubscribe from this at any time.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
- The right of access
to see records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification
To tell me to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”)
For you to request me to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how I use your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:
To be able to tell me you don’t want me to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
- if you don’t agree to me keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow me to use the information in the wayI need to for treatments, I the may not be able to treat you
- I have to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask me to erase any details about you, I might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- I can move their records between computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.